10 Things You Should Never Say to a Translator

About Ilaria

I'm an English and French to Italian translator, and I've been a blogger since 2009.
Image | This entry was posted in Translation & Interpreting and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to 10 Things You Should Never Say to a Translator

• Lina Bustamante says:

So right, I have been asked or have heard comments like these and I have to acknowledge I am not so tolerant! what an ignorance! shame.

1. Caity says:

That is so hilarious! I really respect anyone who studies other languages. I studied Latin and Spanish when I was in school but I never could do it on such a high level. Plus, Google translate never works the right way – everyone with half a brain knows that!

2. Most underrated professionists ever, we are.
    One may be a law/economic/engineering student, then find easily a job. But soon or later, all of them shall cry “save us, could not speak English”, and we do…

3. Sonea says:

Another one: You’ve studied translation riht? so… you know all languages don’t you?

4. Moky says:

This is so true!!🙂

5. avstron says:

Story of my life.
    Except number 6 can be changed as follows: only European languages??? Are you mad???

6. Sandie says:

loving it!!! so true !

7. Carol Alfaro says:

Hi! I just found your blog (because of this picture, which is being shared in Facebook), and it’s a very nice blog, congrats. My business partner has a blog for translation clients, maybe you’ll find it interesting: http://www.translationclientzone.com/

8. 方爱玲 says:

Reblogged this on 匞nterprete のi 匚inese and commented:
    OMG! This is true

9. True like hell! And sad at the same time since I experienced some of those remarks in my professional life…

10. Ophelinha says:

so frustrating yet so true…

11. FastButNotCheap says:

11. You mean you get paid over and over again for translating the same word more than once in a text?

12. Pingback: 10 Things You Should Never Say to a Translator | Marc-Christian Jäger, MA - Blog